2nd Shift Production Supervisor-Solid DosageGeneral Nutrition Centers, Inc. - Greenville, SC
Providing leadership to a minimum of 50 direct reports and assigned staff. Manage, develop and motivate direct reporting staff. To ensure that all products are produced to the approved manufacturing specifications. Manage to ensure all target and deadlines are met resulting in achieving or exceeding departmental Key Performance Indicators. Total compliance and understanding for self and shift associates of all company policies, procedures and work instructions. Creating a positive, efficient and team based work environment for all shift personnel. Ensuring that all direct staff comply with the company\u2019s Health and Safety procedures while fostering a safe and productive work environment. The hours for this position are Monday-Friday 2pm-10pm.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To take full responsibility of the shift in terms of management of staff, management of production and quality targets and to ensure the smooth running of the production processes.
Drive production efficiency and quality to ensure first pass goals are met or exceeded.
Assist Department Manager with optimizing labor utilization for controlling bottom line financial results within variable budgeting.
Monitor and assess production personnel operating proficiency and efficiency; Initiate remedial or continuing training as necessary and or required.
Support company safety awareness and incentives to promote a safe work environment
To have an active role in the company\u2019s continuous improvement by implementing or suggesting plans for future growth through personnel, processes or procedures.
Oversee proper completion of all required documentation and records to minimize and or eliminate errors.
To work closely with other Shift Supervisors and departments to ensure production handovers and coordination\u2019s are effective communications tools
Day to day responsibilities for this role are: safety, production personnel supervision/training and proficiency, production efficiency, troubleshooting, monitoring and updating production schedule and Kronos daily and ensuring that all necessary shift paperwork and reports are completed daily
Positively manage, develop and motivate subordinate leaders and direct reports
Assist Department Manager through analyzing and adjusting production operations to optimize output and schedule adherence
Monitor equipment, processes and production personnel to ensure downtime is minimized and maximum productivity is achieved; Administer any employee counseling or disciplinary actions that may arise
Ensure production personnel are properly trained and adhering to all relevant standard operating procedures (SOPs), work instructions (WIs), current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs) and human resource policies
Monitor critical items and supervise/inform production personnel accordingly to ensure customer commitments are met
Address any safety or housekeeping concerns that may arise
Ability to function effectively at both strategic and tactical levels
Leadership to create a positive, efficient and team based work environment for all shift and departmental personnel.
Proven positive leadership skills which include the ability to coach, motivate, develop, evaluate, assess and empower others to be members of an efficient and productive team.
Strong change management skills to challenge the status quo and drive improvements throughout the company, department and shift.
Effective communicator on all levels throughout the company both verbal and written. Listens to others to help promote functioning teams and higher moral; \u201cListens to Lead.\u201d
Understands how to build efficient and productive teams while leading by example.
High ethical standards and team focused leader.
Models and supports organization\u2019s goals and values
Leadership by example, \u201croll up the shirtsleeves\u201d management style and work ethic
2 years\u2019 experience in a leadership role within a manufacturing environment
PREFERRED4 years\u2019 experience as a Supervisor obtained in FDA, cGMP regulated industry
· Two year technical degree OR high school diploma with three years leadership experience in a manufacturing environment may be substituted for minimum education requirements
· Bachelor\u2019s degree in Engineering, Industrial Management, Logistics, or technical degree
· LEAN Six Sigma Certification (i.e. Green or Black Belt)
· Proficient in MS Office (i.e. Word, Excel) and Outlook
· Proficient in MAPICs or 5i related software (i.e. Kronos, ERP systems)
· Continuous LEAN Six Sigma training (i.e. 5S, Kaizen, SMED) is highly desirable
· Highly motivated, creative and results driven personality (to drive changes)
· Empathetic communication skills are essential.
· Time management and being approachable and available.
· Solid analytical, problem solving and continuous improvement skills
· Strong organizational skills
· Excellent communication skills communicating with employees and management
· Self-starter able to work with minimum oversight of the department manager at times
· Must be able to multi-task effectively and direct one\u2019s efforts to the tasks requiring the most immediate attention.
· Occasional lifting up to 25 lbs.
· Required to stand, and or walk for extended periods of time
· Ability to push and pull various weights limits in a safe manner
· Ability to climb and balance on stools and ladders
· Use of fingers and hands
· Moderate to high levels of noise \u2013 requires awareness to surrounding due to equipment in use
· Working environment may be dusty, oily and/or slippery
· Slip-resistant or steel toe safety shoes are required
· Personal protective equipment (PPE) as required
· Dust mask, gloves and goggles may be required in designated areas
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. This job description reflects management\u2019s assignment of essential job functions, which are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
75 days 10 hours ago
apply2nd Shift Production Supervisor-Solid Dosage General Nutrition Centers, Inc. - Greenville, SC, United States
GNC sets the standard in the nutritional supplement industry by demanding truth in labeling, ingredient safety and product potency, all while remaining on the cutting-edge of nutritional science. As our company has grown over the years, so has our commitment to Living Well. In fact, GNC is the world's largest company of its kind devoted exclusively to helping its customers improve the quality of their lives.
View More Jobs in Greenville, SC:
- View More Jobs in Greenville, SC
- More 2nd Shift Production Supervisor Solid Dosage Jobs in Greenville, SC
- More Manufacturing Jobs in Greenville, SC
- More General Nutrition Centers, Inc. Jobs in Greenville, SC
View More Jobs in South Carolina:
- View More Jobs in South Carolina
- More 2nd Shift Production Supervisor Solid Dosage Jobs in South Carolina
- More Manufacturing Jobs in Greenville, SC
- More General Nutrition Centers, Inc. Jobs in South Carolina