2018 MRL Bioconjugation & Medicinal Chemistry InternMerck & Co., Inc - Cambridge, MA
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified itslegacy for over a century. Mercks success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare. Merck is on a quest for cures and is committed to being the worlds premier, most research-intensive biopharmaceutical company. Today, were doubling down on this goal. Merck Research Laboratories is a true scientific research facility of tomorrow, and will take Mercks leading discovery capabilities and world-class small molecule and biologics R&D expertise to create breakthrough science that radically changes the way we approach serious diseases. Merck Research Lab is currently recruiting for an intern within Infectious Diseases and Vaccines. We are seeking an emerging scientist with curiosity and attention to detail. The intern will perform basic techniques in support of bioconjugation and chemical biology research, including preparation of buffers and reagents. The student will meticulously apply pre-defined procedures to execute experiments, observe all details and record results in a highly organized manner. The successful candidate will effectively communicate results in both written and oral form, contributing to a diverse team while asking questions.
* Required: Candidates must be currently enrolled in a Bachelors, or Masters degree program in chemical biology, chemistry, or a related field. * Candidates must be returning to school in the Fall of 2018.
* Candidates must be available to work full-time for up to 12 weeks beginning in May or June of 2018 * Candidates must have completed at least (1) college level chemistry and/or biochemistry laboratory course * Candidates must be a rising junior or senior * Candidates must have experience with Microsoft Office Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and were counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, were inventing for life. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at (please use the apply button below). Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully: Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit: EEOC Poster EEOC GINA Supplement FTP2018
9 days 8 hours ago
apply2018 MRL Bioconjugation & Medicinal Chemistry Intern Merck & Co., Inc - Cambridge, MA, United States
Merck has a long and rich history of working to improve people's health and well-being. Through the years, our researchers have helped to find new ways to treat and prevent illness - from the discovery of vitamin B1, to the first measles vaccine, to cold remedies and antacids, to the first statins to treat high cholesterol. Our scientists also have helped develop many products to improve animal health, including vaccines and antibiotics. /images/merck-history-timeline-screen.jpgWhile we are proud of our past, we are enthusiastic about the future of this new company and we are excited to help create a healthier, brighter future for people around the world.
Jobs You Might Also Like
View More Jobs in Cambridge, MA:
- View More Jobs in Cambridge, MA
- More 2018 MRL Bioconjugation Medicinal Chemistry Intern Jobs in Cambridge, MA
- More Chemistry Jobs in Cambridge, MA
- More Merck & Co., Inc Jobs in Cambridge, MA
View More Jobs in Massachusetts:
- View More Jobs in Massachusetts
- More 2018 MRL Bioconjugation Medicinal Chemistry Intern Jobs in Massachusetts
- More Chemistry Jobs in Cambridge, MA
- More Merck & Co., Inc Jobs in Massachusetts