We are a boutique employment law firm that assists bothemployers and employees in resolving all types of employment law matters. We provide a high level of dedication and expertise in the following employment matters:
• Employment Discrimination: Title VII of the 1964 Civil Rights Act (including harassment, pregnancy discrimination, national origin, religion, retaliation,disparate impact, statistical evidence, and defenses to intentional discrimination); Age Discrimination in Employment Act; Older Worker’s Benefits Protection Act (including reductions in force and separation agreements);
• Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA): Coverage requirements for employers and employees; determination of exempt status employees; salary requirements for exemption; determination of hours worked; calculation of regular rate; back-pay and damages.
• Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA): All areas under Title I, including, but not limited to: disability, otherwise qualified, reasonable accommodation, discrimination, defenses, alcoholism and drug addiction, medical examinations and inquiries.
• Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA): Coverage of employers and employees, qualifying circumstances, serious health conditions, notice requirements, medical certification requirements, intermittent leave, reinstatement, backpay and damages.
• Workplace Privacy: Employee searches at workplace, recording/tapping of oral and/or phone conversations, visual surveillance, electronic surveillance (use of company E-mail and/or internet).
Our New York attorneys can answer your questions and recommend the best course of action during a free consultation. Call 212-317-1200 or use the contact form on this website to schedule a meeting.
The material contained in this website is for informational purposes only and is not to be considered legal advice. A lawyer-client relationship is not created by visiting this website. Prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome.
The Firm holds an AV rating, the highest available, from the Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory. Michael Faillace & Associates, P.C. is also certified as a minority-owned business in the State of New York