Memphis Rise Academy is a public charter school for the students of Memphis, which opened its doors to a founding sixth grade class in the fall of 2014. Our school plans to grow one grade level per year until it serves grades six through twelve. Our mission is to provide all students with an education which will prepare them to be successful in the nation’s most competitive colleges and universities. We are designed to serve any student who has a determination to rise to meet and exceed his or her most ambitious goals through the attainment of an excellent education.
Our vision for the city of Memphis is that all students, regardless of background or ability level, have the right to attend a middle school and high school which allows them to pursue those goals and be prepared for success in college and life.
Our promise to students and families: if you choose our school in 6th grade and rise to meet its challenges through 12th grade, the next school you will ever need to choose will be the college of your choice.
• That all students have ambition. By providing the opportunity to learn in a safe, structured and supportive learning environment, all students can turn those ambitions into realities
• That providing a rigorous, college preparatory education to every student, with an intense focus on literacy and mathematics, produces results.
• That a commitment to excellence of character, grounded in hard work and high academic and behavioral expectations, prepares students for success as they move forward in life.
• That the quality of teachers drives the quality of our school. We use data and a constant examination of our practices to best serve the students of Memphis.
• In 100% transparency with our families and the Memphis community. Through a variety of methods, we maintain constant communication with our families and our community regarding the progress of their students, as well as our specific plans for how their students will improve within our school.