John A. Barber, the founding member of the firm, received his law degree in 1897, and began the general practice of law that same year in Sangamon County, Illinois, associating in practice with Samuel D. Scholes, Sr., a veteran of the Union Army. Subsequently, in 1902, Clayton J. Barber joined his brother and the firm adopted the name Barber & Barber. The firm grew with the addition of Alton G. Hall, and the sons of each of the initial partners, Charles F. Barber and Henry R. Barber, in the 1930s. Each of these three attorneys was a member of the firm for over 50 years.
Area of practice
Barber Segatto Hoffee Wilke & Cate practices law in the following areas and works with its clients to provide the best possible legal solutions.