About Holland & Knight, LLP
The hallmark of Holland & Knight's success has always been and continues to be legal work of the highest quality, performed by well prepared lawyers who revere their profession and are devoted to their clients. Holland & Knight remains dedicated to developing and maintaining long-term relationships. The firm's growth is due in large part to the success of our clients. We are honored to be able to contribute to their success and growth across the United States and around the world. Since our beginning, Holland & Knight attorneys have delivered focused, responsive and personalized service resulting in lasting relationships with our clients.
|Year of establishment
||Number of Partners
|Number of offices
||Percentage of women attorneys
|Number of attorneys
||Percentage of minority attorneys
|Number of associates
||Percentage of LGBT attorneys
- Won $7.2 million jury award in federal court for QBE Insurance Corp. in a case based on a claim filed by the Boca Raton-based Chalfonte Condominium Apartment Association against QBE Insurance Corp. after Hurricane Wilma in 2005.
- Successfully represented West Construction, Inc. in a closely-watched case involving allegations of breach of contract and "bid shopping" by a general contractor.
- Successfully restructured $227.6 million of debt for the Dry Creek Rancheria Band of Pomo Indians and River Rock Entertainment Authority, a governmental instrumentality of the tribe and operator of the River Rock Casino in Sonoma County, California.
- Represented EZCORP, Inc., a leading provider of specialty consumer financial services, in connection with the company's multimillion-dollar transaction to acquire a 60% ownership interest in Prestaciones Finmart, S.A. de C.V., SOFOM, E.N.R., a specialty consumer finance company headquartered in Mexico City.
- Won motion to dismiss a high-profile lawsuit brought by a former manager against HGTV television personality Jamie Durie, the host of "The Outdoor Room."
- Successfully defended The Florida Priory of Knights Hospitallers of the Sovereign Order of St. John of Jerusalem, Knights of Malta, the Ecumenical Order against charges of trademark infringement, false advertising, and unfair competition issues.
- Represented Pearson Inc. in negotiating a lease for 272,000 square feet of office space in a building currently undergoing renovation and expansion at 330 Hudson Street, near the existing operations of Pearson's affiliate Penguin Group (USA), Inc. in Lower Manhattan's Hudson Square neighborhood.
Area of practice
Awards and recognitions
28 of the firm's attorneys honored as 2013 Lawyers of the Year (The Best Lawyers in America, 2013)
Received Just The Beginning Foundation's (JTBF) 2012 Diversity Partnership Award, in acknowledgement of its commitment to diversity, education and the organization's mission (Just The Beginning Foundation, 2012)
Recommended as one of the top international law firms in the area of Corporate and M&A (The Legal 500 Latin America, 2012)
Named number one law firm in the US for dealing with director liability issues in the annual "Top Corporate Governance Law Firms Survey" (Directors & Boards magazine, 2012)
Named one of the strongest brands in the legal marketplace in a new report titled "2012 BTI Brand Elite: Client Perceptions of the Best-Branded Law Firms" (The BTI Consulting Group, Inc., 2012)
Ranked as one of the nation's tier-one law firms for construction law (Legal 500 United States edition, 2012)
38 of the firm's attorneys named to the Legal Elite list (Florida Trend magazine, 2012).
Named one of the nation's leading law firms, earning top rankings in multiple practice areas and markets (Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business, 2012)
3 of the firm's attorneys in Miami awarded "Top Dealmaker of the Year" award in the category of Distressed Real Estate (Daily Business Review, 2012)
ne of the goals at Holland & Knight is to be a leader in diversity. The partners strive hard to ensure that the firm has a diverse set of legal professionals who make the firm the most reflective of and responsive to its clients and communities.
Holland & Knight firmly believes that it can achieve its other goal of providing the highest quality of service only if its legal teams are composed of attorneys who reflect the increasing diversity of today's marketplace. In order to meet its objective and encourage diversity at the workplace, the firm has a very active Diversity Council, mentoring programs, and other diversity-related programs and initiatives.
Summer associate program
Holland & Knight places a lot of importance on its Summer Associate Program as it often hires most of its summer associates as junior associates. Hence, the recruiting attorneys at the firm strive hard to ensure that the program familiarizes the summer associates with the inner workings of Holland & Knight and gives them an accurate sense of the real-world legal issues and how the first-year associates at the firm are expected to deal with these legal matters.
As the firm selects its summer associates with the intention of offering them a full-time position at the end of the program, the selection process is quite stringent. The summer associates are selected bearing in mind their individual skills, talents, and interests and are provided individualized opportunities to learn about the complexities of the legal world. They are often exposed to challenging client work and are taken through a comprehensive, substantive training program that sets the foundation for their success in the word of law.
Working for the Holland & Knight, LLP
The one feeling common in all the legal professionals working at Holland & Knight is that they know that they are valued at their workplace and their contributions, irrespective of how big or small these are, never go unnoticed or unsuitably rewarded.
The firm has over the years built for itself a reputation for offering a workplace where attorneys are encouraged to build careers that they can be proud of. The unique combination of sophisticated legal work, global capabilities, a collaborative approach, and a sincere commitment to community service along with state-of-the-art technology and the required financial resources at Holland & Knight ensures that the firm's attorneys can provide their clients the best-possible legal services while remaining true to the values of the firm.